This type of intellectual property is legally protected.. It gives exclusive rights to its owner for the registration and use of their mark. A trademark could be any word symbol logo or combination thereof. You can use it to represent a word symbol logo or combination thereof ️ ..
Benefits of Trademark Registration
Trademark registration provides many benefits to businesses consisting of:
• Discouraging competitors from using your trademark in addition to protecting it from being copied or misused .
• Building trust and credibility with customers and potential customers .
• Promoting the brand of your business.
* Financial investments made in promoting and creating your trademark .
• More easily enforcing your trademark rights if they are infringed or misused.
Trademark Registration in Canada
Trademark registration in Canada is handled by the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO). The CIPO is responsible for examining and registering marks, maintaining the Canadian Trade-marks Database, and administering the trademark rights of Canadians.
The CIPO defines a trademark as “a mark used by a person to distinguish their goods or services from those of other traders”. In order to get registered in Canada a trademark must be distinctive and meet certain criteria. This entails that:
• It must be distinctive – (It cannot be confusingly similar to another registered trademark) ®️.
• It cannot be generic or descriptive.
• It cannot be misleading or deceptive .
• It cannot be against public policy .
• It cannot be a geographical indication ️.
• It cannot be a non-traditional trademark ️.
If your trademark meets the criteria set out above you can apply for registration in Canada. The CIPO will then review your application and decide whether to approve or reject it . The process of trademark registration can take several months and once registered your trademark will have protection for up to 15 years.
The benefits of trademark registration in Canada are numerous 🇨🇦. It helps protect your brand from trademark infringement encourages brand loyalty and associations and helps build trust and credibility with customers . Moreover the protection afforded by a trademark extends to all of the countries that are members of the Madrid Protocol.
Canada’s trademark registration is an asset that businesses can use to protect their marks from infringement and misuse. Businesses can enjoy trademark protection and all the associated benefits by ensuring that their trademarks are distinctive and meet the requirements of the Canadian Intellectual Property Office.
️ ®️ 🍁 👔 🏢 🆙 🇨🇦